Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Today we talked about how God could allow his son to go through the pain and suffering he needed to go through. How could God let that happen! Well it was interesting to hear how the MINUTE after the curtain broke and the ground shook. God did not let the Lords pain last a minute longer than it needed to be. The minute Jesus died God began to bring his judgment. I never really thought about that. I always just focused on the cross which is great but i never really looked past it. It is great to know that we serve a God who is here for us. He is not going to let us suffer a minute longer than we need to. If he let his Son go through tough times we will have our share of tough times BUT.... joy comes in the morning!!!
I am excited to celebrate our first Easter in Egypt. What a great place to think about his sacrifices. We think life is so tough because there are no lines, crossing the street is frightening, and i can't understand enough Arabic yet......but that is nothing compared to what Jesus did for us. He took ALL the SINS of the WORLD just for us! So that we could BE FREE!!! WOW What a great God!!

Matthew 27:50-51 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split....

1 comment:

  1. Angie, That was exactly what I needed to "hear" today. God will get me through this and not keep me here a moment more than I can handle with him by my side! He didn't for Jesus and he won't for me. I can't wait to see what He has planned out of this time for me and the ones around me:)

    Becca Skinner (Brown)

    ReplyDelete