Sunday, May 3, 2009

Busyness

I find it funny that our human reaction when we get busy is to steer away from reading our Bible and talking to God. At least for me anyway! How funny that when we feel so over whelmed with things we tend to step away instead of stepping closer!!! BUT the minute you take a moment and read your Bible and talk to him everything seems to work out! NO it does not go away by any means but he seems to make it that much more manageable! It is so great that he can take everything away from us and make us search for him. He had to put me in Cairo with no friends, family Television....yes I am blessed that he has given me Norris for I am not sure what I would do with out him, but he took everything else away..... It is always when I want to talk to my family and friends that they are not there or it is to early in the morning or our Internet is not working and the only one left is him!!! Isn't that great!!! He is there...he should not be the last one I look for to talk to but the FIRST!! Why did it take Cairo for me to get that!! I guess I am just slow and HUMAN!!! With only 7 weeks left I hope I can learn everything he wants to teach me while I am here! This has been the best 9 months of my life and I never want to go back to who I was before! I love my friends and family but I finally get what he says in Matt, Mark, and Luke....He is my family! He is all I need! That is scary because even as I write it I think would I have what it takes to REALLY give that all up! I am not sure I would but he would provide the strength if I needed it!!
Even while he teaches us little lessons ( and big ones) he still blesses us. He brings us down to a place you never want to be and then he gives you everything you need plus a thousand, million, trillion!!!! He is so wonderful and gracious.

From one of my favorite new songs.....
"The Lord is Gracious and Compassionate. Slow to anger and rich in Love. He is good to all, He has compassion on all that he has made. As far as the east is from the west, that's how far he has removed our transgressions from us. Praise the Lord oh my soul praise the Lord."

Random thought of the day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment