Saturday, February 20, 2010

India Pictures

This was our boat ride down the Ganges River.  It was fun to go at sunset and see all the people around the city!  Many were swimming in the river and it was cold!  But notice Norris in his shirtsleeves and shorts!  We got to boat by different parts where people were swimming, drinking and burning bead bodies!  I think that was the most intense part of the whole time in Varanasi.  I don't think I will ever get used to seeing bodies being burned!  





These were the beautiful ladies washing themselves in the Ganges River.  They were from southern India.  It is amazing to see how far people would travel to wash in the Ganges River.


            This was Norris and I waiting for the sun to rise over the Himalayas!  It was sooooooo pretty!  But it was VERY cold!  I thought I was going to freeze to death!  Once the sun came up it did get a little warmer!  Not much though!  I am wearing my new wrist warmers!  That is what Norris calls them.  I love them.  I can still use my hands but keep them warm too!!  He was very jealous that he did not have them this morning that is for sure!
This was Norris and I at the Taj Mahal!  It was awesome!  We just sat in front of it for about an hour!  It was soooooooo beautiful!  The people were so respectful of the area and it was so clean and white!  I never realized how big it was but it was huge.  There were a lot of people around that day so it was hard to get a picture that a bunch of other people would not be in!  

1 comment:

  1. Once again, I think you are AMAZING!!! Look at all you have gotten to do! You are all over the world :) yeah! I don't know if you read this or not but Jeremy and I are going to Ephesus Turkey in June to speak to missionary kids at a conference! We are very excited... hoping to spend a day or two in instanbul... have you ever been to turkey?? I have no idea what to expect! but we are excited :)

    ReplyDelete