Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Days, New Challanges

Well today I got new students!  I know it is hard to believe that it has been 6 months and we have just started our 2nd semester!  Well I really like my new students!  I know it has only been one day, but they were cute.  They asked some good questions and many of them already have fun nicknames!  Except for one boy who was very concerned by the end of class that we had not come up with a nickname for him!  I told him that I am sure by the end of the year we will have one for him too!  Another boy proceeded to tell me that last year he spent many days in "Time Out" because he did not like music class!  I told him that I hoped he would make better decisions this year!  I then asked him why he signed up for music class if he did not like music!  He did not really have a response, but whatever!  Just some of the joys of funny middle school students!

Then you get the other students who refuse to sign the syllabus and have to be taken to the principles office before the day even starts!  Now that is what I call good teaching!  Oh MY!  I am not sure if they will be back for more of me but they did not leave a good impression!  Oh well that is also the joy of being young, sometimes you don't make the smartest decisions!  Well teaching always comes with its good and bad days!  I hope that I have more good than bad when all is said and done with.  Somedays I think that there could never be a good day and then other days I think that I want to do this for the rest of my life!!!!!  Oh the joys of life!    

No comments:

Post a Comment