Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A New Adventure

This is a hard blog to write.  Deep down I knew this day would come, but I guess I was in denial about it. 

My amazing, talented, smart, sexy, loving, husband has been accepted into Law School at the University of Montana.  I am so proud of him and all his achievements to make this happen. 

The only down side is we are leaving Egypt.  
Like I said, deep down I knew this day would have to come, but now that it is here...ummm 

I feel so happy and blessed that we are NOT leaving Egypt because we are sick of it, or just can't stand being here.  We have a lot of friends that have left for that very reason, but we are leaving because we feel a calling somewhere else.  Growing up is tough!!  

Don't get me wrong I am soooooooo excited about our new adventure!  Snow, Mountains, Driving, Parks, Possible Dog (hint, hint NORRIS!!!), a chance to use wedding gifts, a new career, and many more adventures!!!!!

BUT... 5 years of friendships and roots are going to be tough to leave.  This is the longest we have ever lived in one place, still not one apartment..we have lived in 4 apartments in these 5 years, but that is typical Ham Style!  I can't even begin to express how much I am going to miss the friendships that I have made.  When there is such a small community of people that you can actually TALK to, you become instant friends.  And not just friends, but life long friends that know everything about you and you will have and cherish always!  

I am going to miss traveling around the world and seeing the wonderful sunsets in different countries.  Hopefully this will only be at a stand still for 3 years, then when Norris is done with Law School we will be seeing more of God's Creation! (since he is going into International Law, hopefully we will live internationally again!!!!) 

I am going to miss Otlob!  Oh you chuckle, but it is such a lifesaver when you just don't have the ingredients to make dinner, or the energy to make dinner!  ;-)   

I am going to miss constantly being with my hubby!  I think that has been one of the best aspects of living here in Cairo.  Norris and I are ALWAYS together.  We take the bus to work together, we worked in the Middle School together, we went to church together, hung out with our friends together, went grocery shopping together, and had date nights together!  I LOVE IT!  I am going to miss it!

I am going to miss our Church!  HCC you have been such a blessing to our little family!  Norris and I have grown in so many ways because of the influence of HCC in our lives.  

I will move on to all the things I am happy for and excited about at a later, but for now I will remember all the moments I am going to miss...



Oh Cairo you will always have a piece of my heart and I will miss you so...

No comments:

Post a Comment