Sunday, October 20, 2013

CJ is here (5 months late :-) )

What can I say about CJ's birth?  It was 100% different than Jovee's.  And they are 100% different in personality too!

I wanted so badly to go into labor on my own with CJ.  I was not excited about using Pitocin or anything like that.  I like the feeling of being in control when I am going through labor, but Norris was only here for 2 weeks so it was important that he have as much time with CJ as possible.  I waited 2 days after my due date and then went in to have CJ.  Started at 6 am, went into get hooked up and they started the Pitocin around 7:30ish.  And without too much trouble he came at 13:13, 1:13 pm!  It was really quite wonderful.  I know, wonderful and labor do not really go together, but it was pretty easy, except for the pushing part...yikes!  I had a wonderful Doula, Brandie who was just perfect.  Her and Norris were so funny and it really helped the time go by fast, but 6 hours is really not that long.  I remember at one point we, I say "we" very lightly, were watching sports center and Brandie was trying to explain that her husband's sister's husband plays for the Lions.  Norris was so confused and could not figure out the relationship.  After one of my contractions I just looked at him and said, it is just like my relationship with Justin!  I was quite proud of myself for figuring it all out while I was having a contraction!

Don't worry, we did turn off sports center when it started to get crazy.  With Jovee I pushed for 2 1/2 hours and it was awful.  I remember at one point I just looked at Norris and my mom and said I could not do it anymore.  That was the one thing I talked with my awesome Doula about, probably every time we met!  I definitely remembered the pain and exhaustion of pushing.  I did not want to go through that with CJ.  My doctor also remembered my inability to push, because at one point during labor with CJ I told them I needed to push and they were said that I could and my doctor was not in the room.  She was going to go back to her appointments for the morning, but I must have gotten their attention because a minute later they all came in and about 5 minutes, 3 pushes later he was here!!!  It was awesome!!!!

I was very nervous that I was going to have post-pardum like I had with Jovee.  I was depressed from the moment Jovee was born.  I was so afraid that I was going to have the same switch with CJ.  But praise the Lord, nothing came!  I told Norris it was because we were so busy and preoccupied this summer I did not have time to be depressed!  ;-)
Jovee could not have taken to her big sister role any better.  She loves CJ and is just so sweet and loving.  I know that will change in a few months when he is taking her toys, but I will enjoy it for now!

Cairo Jackson Ham 
Born: 5/20/2013
Time: 13:13 or 1:13 pm
Weight: 8lbs 5 oz
Height: 21 inches












      








  

No comments:

Post a Comment